European Champion's Football League Rules:
- All stadiums must have the following dimensions: 90-120m x 45-90m.
- All teams are allowed a max of 30 players on the roster; All 30 players are eligible to be selected to the 18-player game-day squad for all regular season and the playoff game.
- The league follows the same rules and standards used by the International Football Association Board (FIFA).
- The regular season is a 26-game season starting on the Second Friday of August and ending on the First Sunday of February:
a) All games will be played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons with the occasional Friday evenings.
b) All teams will play the other 26 teams (13h/13a) in their conference once (26 Games).
c) Each team is awarded 3 points being awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and none for a loss. Teams are ranked by total points, then goal difference, and then goals scored. At the end of each season, the top teams in each division with the most points are nominated for the ECFL Final. If points are equal, the goal difference and then goals scored determine the winner. If still equal, teams are deemed to occupy the same position. If there is a tie for the championship, for relegation, or for qualification to other competitions, a play-off match at a neutral venue decides rank.
- The post-season is a 16-team 2-stage tournament in February-March between the top 8 teams from each conference:
a) The location of the final game is chosen in a manner similar to the NFL's Super Bowl, but the game must be rotated between each conference every single year.
b) The first stage is a group stage where there are 2 in-conference groups of 4 teams each per conference (assigned randomly), where each team plays 3 games.
c) the second stage is a 8-team single-elimination tournament where the top 2 teams from each of the 4 groups will compete.
- Team selection - the Champions League is the top the promotion & regulation pyramid in which the top teams compete for a max of 1 season:
a) A total of 54 teams from the 54 UEFA member associations participated in the 2015–16 UEFA Champions League (the exception being Liechtenstein, which does not organize a domestic league):
b) All associations will each have one team qualify (the association's top domestic league's champions).
c) The process repeats every single year with the top team(s) from each association's domestic league playing against the other top European professional teams for a single season before being replaced by the next season's teams.
- The ECFL is operated as a corporation and is owned by the 54 member associations:
a) Each association is a shareholder, with one vote each on issues such as rule changes and contracts.
b) The associations select a chairman, chief executive, and board of directors to oversee the daily operations of the league.